Government College of Nursing
School of Nursing established before 1916 with ANM course.
School of Nursing has been started GNM course afterwards.
The increasing demand for trained nurses across the world made the nursing a good career option. College of Nursing, B. J. Govt. Medical College, Pune is committed to achieve excellence in nursing education, clinical practice and community services. The college prepares nursing students to be excellent clinicians and leaders who will work to improve the health and health status of the society.
Course has been upgraded with Basic B. Sc. (Nursing) Four Year undergraduate Degree programme, College of Nursing, B. J. Govt. Medical College, Pune was established in the year of 2009 with 50 intake capacity. It is recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. Admission process- through NEET after PCB group under Maharashtra State CET Cell.
College of Nursing, B. J. Govt. Medical College, Pune has been contributing towards the elevation of nursing profession with the legacy of 106 years since its establishment in the year 1914. The College of Nursing has served by commencing General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) diploma course under the Maharashtra Nursing Council. Ever since its establishment and since 2009 has upgraded from diploma programme to collegiate programme i.e. Basic B. Sc. Nursing which is affiliated to MUHS, Nashik, INC, New Delhi & MNC, Mumbai.
College of Nursing is located in heart of Pune city in a peaceful and beautiful green campus. The institute provides well equipped laboratories, rich library, hostel facility for girls and boys, sports facility, separate mess for boys and girls, bank facility, consumer store.
The College of Nursing BJMC advances world class education and research within health and social care, contributing to the wellbeing and success of the communities with whom it engages.
The Mission of College of Nursing BJMC is to promote health and well-being through excellence in nursing education, research, practice and service while fostering diversity and inclusion. To serve society at state, national and global level through education of health professional’s development of new knowledge, skill and health care advocacy that to provide exemplary and innovative education, research, practice, service and leadership that improves state, national and global health. VALUES
Collaborative and diverse learning environment
Unique and innovative contributions to healthcare
Nursing leadership and recognition
Knowledge and evidence-based practice
Open and respectful relationship
We believe in respect to patient his/ her individuality and sensitive & responsive his/ her health needs.
We agree the integrity of the institute in committed to provide high quality of nursing education and services through healthy environment we trust and honesty.
We also believe compassion and our concern for developing of the body and mind by teaching and learning process practicing inductive, deductive thinking, caring attitude throughout the academic carrier of the learner.
We accept maintaining health personnel and professionals stands motivation and team work to be learned and practice. While proving health care services to the needy clients.
We also believe that nursing is dedicating to well being of the humanity at large through the promotion of health, prevention of disease and restoration of health of an individual regardless of the disease. Aim
To provide opportunity of required educational background to develop their knowledge and skill to prepare as graduate nurse with basic scientific foundation of nursing for rendering intelligent and effective care of individual / in the hospital and community and to develop their potential towards the advancement and uplifting of nursing care.
Students completing the requirements of this course will be able to-
1. Create a conducive environment that reflects that vision, mission, goals and values of the institute.
2. Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine, including alternative systems of medicine and nursing in providing to care individuals, families and communities.
3. Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries and comply with the Statutory & Professional bodies.
4. Develop professional nursing graduates with expertise to empower health and promote health with quality and access through leadership, research, policy and provision for health care.
5. Provide leadership in transformation of nursing education, health care and life styles.
6. Provide student centered quality nursing education to contribute to the needs of nursing colleges to participate in (local university), state & national academic and health policies concerned to nurses.
7. Promote overall development of the nursing students by training in education, practice and research.
8. Move into leadership positions in nursing, empowered to contribute towards meeting the issues and challenges confronting nursing profession.
9. To provide quality care to clients at various settings such as hospital, community and other health care agencies based on problem solving approach and evidenced based care.
10. To prepare students to assume leadership positions in nursing service, education and administration with high level of professional knowledge and competency.
: Indian Nursing Council
: Maharashtra Nursing council
: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik (2009)
: Maharashtra State Board of Nursing & Paramedical Education MSBPNE, Mumbai
PARENT HOSPITAL: Sassoon General Hospital, Pune